Frequently Asked Questions
AFYC is a revolutionary art business community that’s primarily focused on and comprised of Art Lover Members, artists and non-profits. AFYC enables these groups to come together, via our website, forming an online community benefitting the causes of our affiliated nonprofits.
Purchases made through AFYC benefit those who want to connect, share, buy or commission original art, limited editions prints and art products from one-time purchases to items for large fundraising events.
AFYC donates a portion of its proceeds from all completed purchases to AFYC Art Lover Member affiliated and designated nonprofits.
What a wonderful thought—that companies could someday be known as much by the causes they support as by the products and services they sell. It can happen if companies commit themselves to serving the communities in which they do business and if, at the same time, they use those commitments to bolster their bottom line.
–excerpt from the article, Good Cause, Good Business by Jerry C. Welsh, Harvard Business Review
AFYC was founded by artist Liz London.
Nonprofits often asked Liz to donate art for their causes. Liz wanted to create a way to benefit everyone involved a win-win, therefore the original concept/idea of AFYC was born.
Liz’s artistic journey began with art instruction as a child and continued as she assisted her family in their interior design business.
Many years after obtaining her Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations and pursuing a career in the technology industry, Liz was injured in several accidents and became permanently disabled. She was also diagnosed with depression.
She took a collage workshop that set her on a path of self-healing. She realized her strong passion for and need to create. Since then, curating and creating art, Liz has always been involved in some aspect of the creative process.
Her mixed media, collage and found object creations have fostered her healing and driven her inspiration.
Liz studied painting with artists Dorothy Moses, B.J. White and Carolyn Barnes and sculpture with Mark Briscoe. She has shown in juried exhibitions and in galleries throughout California, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona and Florida.
Liz creates custom commissions for hotels, resorts, country clubs, restaurants, retail and public and private corporations throughout the world.
Liz has lived on both coasts of the U.S. and now resides in Dallas, Texas.
AFYC is a caused-based, affiliate marketing community invested in bringing Art Lovers Members, artists and nonprofits together, paying it forward and giving back to the greater good for causes we all hold dear.
AFYC is based on the following three philosophies:
- The Golden Rule-Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
- What goes around comes around.
- Leave the world a better place than it is.
My hope is that AFYC fosters a cultural shift between art lovers, artists and nonprofits, by bringing them together through our shared community .
AFYC is cause-marketing focused. We foster a mutually beneficial collaboration between Art Lover Members, artists and nonprofits. The ultimate goal being promoting the artist and their works, paying it forward to our Art Lover Members and giving back to our affiliated nonprofits causes.
AFYC was founded to generate sales for artists and donations for nonprofits through peer to peer networking, events, auctions, social sharing, email marketing and website banners utilizing the Art Lover Members unique individualized affiliate link (using their registered email tracked through the Art Lovers Member’s Dashboard).
Affiliate marketing is one of the primary ways that AFYC markets and sells products, by registered Art Lover Members who in turn market and promote AFYC products for commissions/donations.
As an affiliate marketing company AFYC agrees to sell original, licensed art for printing on products and in turn pay a percentage from sales on commissions and/or donations to Art Lover Members, Artists and Nonprofits.
No, AFYC is NOT a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are misleading and/or fraudulent and are illegal in many countries, including the United States
Pyramid Scheme definition: A usually illegal operation in which participants pay to join and profit mainly from payments made by subsequent participants.
Traditionally, a pyramid scheme starts with the creator recruiting people into the scheme for a fee. The people the creator recruits will then also bring more people in, who also pay a fee and a percentage that fee will also be passed up to the upper levels. This continues on and money filters up to the top of the pyramid.
In most cases, there is no product or service offered, just money being exchanged. The more people that are recruited into the scheme, the lower the return. Eventually it gets to the point where the recruits do not make a return on their investment and this leads to the pyramid scheme collapsing.
It is free to join AFYC, there are no fees.
The financial structure of AFYC is based on an affiliate member model through the Art Lover Member Dashboard.
The only requirement is that you must register to become an AFYC Art Lover Member before becoming an AFYC Artist or AFYC Nonprofit.
There are three ways to join AFYC:
- Become an AFYC Art Lover Member. Anyone can become an Art Lover Member at no cost. An Art Lover Member may earn from 10%-20% commission from every completed referred purchase.
- Join us as an AFYC Artist. All AFYC Artists art is showcased on their individual Profile page on the website. AFYC Artists generate direct income from their art as well as from completed referred purchases.
- Become an AFYC Nonprofit. Each AFYC Nonprofit has their own Nonprofit Profile page on the website where they can receive from 10% – 20% from every referred purchase.
Everyone who joins AFYC as an Art Lover Member, artist or nonprofit receives a unique referral link providing access to their unique AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard tracked through email.
I’m not an artist or affiliated with a nonprofit but I love art, should I become an Art Lover Member? If so why? What are the benefits?
We love Art Lover Members and we’d love for you to join our community!
As an AFYC Art Lover Member you’ll earn commission from referred art sales while benefiting nonprofits at the same time!
AFYC Art Lover Member Benefits include:
- Earning 10%-20% commission from all referred original art/art product purchases generated through your unique Art Lover Member Dashboard link. The link can be easily shared via email, social media or a banner on a website.
- Direct access to your private Art Lover Member Dashboard that provides real-time purchase data.
- When a prospect makes a purchase on the AFYC website, via your Art Lover Member Dashboard link, it will be credited, and commissions paid directly to you.
Please visit our Art Lover Member page to learn more about becoming an Art Lover Member.
AFYC offers original art, limited edition prints, giclée printed on high gloss metal, canvas prints and licensed original art printed on t-shirts and clothing, jewelry & dog tags, phone cases, totes, backpacks, décor pillows, yoga mats, wall clocks and edible art.
YOUR SATISFACTION MATTERS TO US!
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, please contact AFYC directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately AFYC can offer no refund on any “Original Art” products.
AFYC will accept returns and exchanges on/for “licensed art/logos” printed on products with a merchandise credit within 30 days of purchase accompanied by a validated emailed receipt.
Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
AFYC ART LOVER MEMBER
AFYC Art Lover Members may earn from 10%-20% commissions from referred original art/art product sales generated through their unique, registered Art Lover Member link. This link can be easily shared via email, social media or as a banner on any website.
- All AFYC Art Lover Members have direct access to their own unique and private Art Lover Member dashboard providing real-time purchase data.
- AFYC Art Lover Members receive 10% commission from any sales they refer.
- When a prospect makes a purchase on the AFYC website, via an Art Lover Member’s unique, registered Art Lover Member link, it will be credited, and commissions will be paid to the Art Lover Member.
The AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard is a portal containing the Art Lover Member’s website leads, social sharing, email, calendar, and templates for sharing events, campaigns and commission payment information.
- Once your Art Lover Member application is reviewed and accepted, you can proceed to share your individualized and unique Art Lover Member Dashboard link to facilitate potential referral earnings.
- Anytime you post your unique Art Lover Member Dashboard referral link (on a social media platform, in an email or a website banner) you have the opportunity to earn commissions.
- The progress for each category for your referrals will be reflected in real-time on your Dashboard.
- When someone purchases a product or products in the AFYC Shop, via your referral link, generated through your unique Dashboard link, the Dashboard will register the purchase and credit the purchase to you.
- Your AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard is equipped with email templates and social sharing that you can use to promote AFYC and/or our art products.
- Earnings for all referred completed purchases are paid through your Art Lover Member Dashboard.
The AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard includes the following features:
- Access to social sharing.
- Email and banner templates to use on other websites.
- Your unique AFYC referral link.
- Social media links with your link and sample posts.
- A snapshot of your progress (friends who have signed up and visited AFYC & your earnings to date).
When you share a social link it’s automatically tracked by your email address tied to the Dashboard. When a customer makes a purchase from any either a social share, email or website banner it’s automatically credited to your account and paid one week after the sale either on the 1st or 3rd Friday of the month.
Login to your Art Lover Member Dashboard. Commissions are instantaneously tracked and recorded 24/7.
Yes, you can login to your Art Lover Member Dashboard to track your social shares, email and/or website banner clicks. Example:
Not yet, however the next update of the AFYC website will include a calendar in the Art Lover Dashboard area where you can track and schedule all of your AFYC activities (peer to peer campaigns, events, exhibitions and auctions).
Art Lover Members must provide AFYC a valid PayPal account (email address).
Your unique, individualized url link is tied to your Art Lover Member submitted email.
You must use (copy and paste) this url into your web browser for direct sharing from social icons located on the Artist/Nonprofit profile pages and for individual product pages to receive credit and earn commissions.
Instantaneous social sharing through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Customizable email templates with the ability to add images, edit and change text.
Art Lover Members Members are paid on their direct referral completed purchases.
Earnings are paid through your Art Lover Member dashboard to your registered PayPal account on the first and third Friday of the month (twice a month) on referred completed purchases.
I’m an artist, can you tell me more about what I will receive as an AFYC artist? Does it cost anything to join?
- It’s free to join AFYC as an artist. As an AFYC artist you set your own “wholesale” prices for your original art and receive 100% of that price.
- You receive 50% profit from sales of any of your licensed art you choose to be printed on product, after product cost is deducted.
- You retain your original copyright status for all submitted art.
As an AFYC artist you can choose up to three nonprofits to be affiliated with on your AFYC profile page.
As an AFYC artist you receive:
– Your own individual AFYC Artist Profile page which includes your own featured cover photo, logo, short bio, photo or video, artist statement, link to your website and your very own online art sales gallery.
– The ability to share, promote and offer your art to the public via your unique AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard link.
– Direct access to customized email templates and one click social media buttons to help you market your AFYC art.
– The opportunity to earn an additional 10% commission on any purchase generated via your unique AFYC Art Lover Member link.
– 24/7 access to the AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard to view your referrals, purchases and commissions.
All purchases are tracked by your individualized AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard (via valid email address) and paid through PayPal or Stripe after completed purchases, on the first and third Friday of the month.
Please visit our Artist Representation page to learn more about becoming an AFYC Artist.
Art For Your Cause provides a way for copyright owners, or those authorized to act on behalf of a copyright owner, to report infringing use of their content on the Art For Your Cause website.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to our Copyright Agent. The requirements of a proper DMCA complaint are listed below.
For your convenience, the entire text of the DMCA can be found online at: https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/hr2281.pdf
To provide us a DMCA complaint notice that complies with the DMCA’s requirements (“DMCA Notice”), you should:
- Provide your contact information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are covered in your DMCA Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient for us to locate each instance of allegedly infringing material that you are requesting to be removed or disabled. (For example, by providing each URL where the material may be found on the Art For Your Cause website.)
- Include the following statements in the body of the DMCA Notice:
- I declare that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).
- I declare that the information in this DMCA Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Include a physical or electronic signature (e.g. typing your printed name) 6. Deliver this DMCA Notice, with all items completed to the Designated Copyright Agent for Art For Your Cause at: Attn: Copyright Agent- email@example.com
Or Mail To:
Attn: Copyright Agent @ Art For Your Cause LLC
14001 Goldmark Drive Suite #143
Dallas, TX 75080
You can learn more about our current affiliated nonprofits and causes at artforyourcause.com/causes-nonprofits.
I’m part of a nonprofit, can you provide more details about what’s involved with signing up with AFYC? How will being a part of AFYC benefit us?
It’s free to join AFYC as an affiliated nonprofit.
As an AFYC nonprofit you can choose up to three AFYC artists to be directly affiliated with.
As an AFYC nonprofit you receive an individual AFYC nonprofit profile page that includes: summary statement about your nonprofit, mission statement, your logo, direct donation link (crowdfunding), an art profile gallery (if desired, art of your choice) and website link.
AFYC provides and serves as a donation portal for your nonprofit, via the AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard or selection from the AFYC shopping cart.
Your nonprofit can receives 10 up to-20% donations from all purchase generated via your unique AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard link.
From your nonprofit Art Lover Member Dashboard you:
– Can share, promote and offer art/products.
– Have access to: templates for email, one click social media buttons, website banners.
– Have 24/7 access to your AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard to view your registered members, leads and purchase commissions.
– As an AFYC nonprofit you also have the option for peer to peer fundraising through your AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard for special events.
Please visit our Nonprofit Representation page to learn more about becoming an AFYC Nonprofit.
All AFYC affiliated nonprofits are eligible to receive 10% donations from AFYC designated by the buyer in the shopping cart section.
- Donations chosen by a buyer in the AFYC shopping cart are tracked and instantaneously credited to your account through a third party app: Pledgeling.com
- Pledgeling Foundation mails checks combining all the previous month’s donations, less processing costs (if any), within 15 days of the end of each month (usually between the 7th and 10th).
- Direct donation link will accept donations even if/when there are no products purchased.
- Commission are paid through the Art Lover Member Dashboard to your registered PayPal account the first and third Friday of the month on referred completed sales.
- AFYC holds no responsibility for financial outcomes of Art Lover Members.
As an Art Lover Member you can earn 10% commission through your unique, registered Art Lover Member link. This link can be shared easily either through the Dashboard or directly via email, social media or on a banner on any website.
Direct access to your private Art Lover Member Dashboard provides real-time purchase data.
Yes, Artists can also earn 10% commissions from referred sales as well as from sales of their art/ products.
Yes, Nonprofits can also earn additional donations/commissions from sales by using their unique Dashboard link tracked to a verified primary account email.
Nonprofits can also earn 10% donations/commissions from sales referrals.
ART LOVER MEMBERS:
- As an Art Lover Member, you have the potential to earn 10% commission on all direct and referred completed purchases.
- AFYC pays 10% commissions from your Art Lover Member direct affiliate share.
- Earnings are paid via your unique Art Lover Member Dashboard link on the first and third Friday, twice a month after a referred completed purchase.
- Commissions are paid to Art Lover Members on every referred completed purchase.
- AFYC must be provided with a valid email address associated with a PayPal account.
ART LOVER MEMBER ARTISTS:
- Receive their gallery set price on all original art posted on AFYC.
- Paid 50% (splitting profit with AFYC) on any licensed art images (high gloss metal prints) and/or products on every sale.
- Retain their copyright on all original art, images and artwork printed on licensed products.
ART LOVER MEMBER NONPROFITS:
- AFYC pays 10% commissions from your Art Lover Member direct affiliate shares through the AFYC Art Lover Member Dashboard.
- Earnings are paid via your unique Art Lover Member dashboard link on the first and third Friday, twice a month after a referred completed purchase.
- AFYC must be provided with a valid email address associated with a PayPal account.